Summer Experience Package
Summer experience package includes pre-college summer programs, high school programs, research programs as well as sports and academics camps for high school students.
TOP TEN REASONS STUDENTS AND PARENTS VALUE SUMMER EXPERIENCE PROGRAMS:
1. Experience firsthand what college is really like, then return to high school to perfect the skills needed to succeed in the first undergraduate year.
2. Discover and build intellectual excitement and experience authentic intellectual engagement.
3. Sample career and field-of-study options that may not be available in the high school curriculum.
4. Learn to manage time, and to balance academic responsibilities and social engagements.
5. Gain peer and community recognition for participation.
6. Get to know faculty and staff members - prospective writers of college recommendations - in small, friendly settings.
7. Enhance the high school transcript with proof positive of college success.
8. Develop portfolios and audition skills for college admission in the arts.
9. Test interest in College or University as a potential college choice.
10. Learn the ropes of the college application process (securing recommendations, gathering documents, and so on) by experiencing a scaled-down version needed for Summer College.
Below are comments from Summer Experience students regarding their summer experience.
MOST POSITIVE ASPECTS OF YOUR ACADEMIC PROGRAM
- The vigorous work and critical thinking I did.
- All the hands-on experience we received and learning what it's like to be a college student.
- One of the most positive aspects was the professor, who was very interesting, enthusiastic, and supportive of the students. We were also given good materials to work with and good, though challenging, projects.
- It was very intense and in depth in terms of the exposure to the field and the coursework. I got a lot of feedback from the professor and teacher assistants, so I always knew how I was doing.
- Learning so many new techniques that I can take with me and build on for the rest of my life.
WHAT RESIDENTIAL ACTIVITIES DID YOU ENJOY MOST AND WHY?
- I enjoyed ex:(Darien Lake, Niagara Falls) tee-shirt making, milkshake night, the dances, and the talent show.
- The activity where we got to design our own t-shirts was my favorite. Another one I loved was when our RAs took us to Funk 'n Waffles. That was so much fun!
- The activities involving food, because you got free food. That was nice.
HOW HAS YOUR SUMMER EXPERIENCE AFFECTED YOUR EDUCATIONAL PLANS?
- It has given me a lot of new information.
- I have new majors to consider.
- I plan to do better in high school now that I've experienced college.
- Improved my interest in the area of study.
- Summer experience helped me to determine more solidly the path I would like to take career (and hence education) wise.
HOW HAS YOUR SUMMER EXPERIENCE AFFECTED YOUR CONFIDENCE, ACADEMICALLY/SOCIALLY?
- I feel I am more prepared for college now.
- Really gained confidence in myself and my ability to make new friends and become more outgoing.
- It solidified and enhanced my confidence in my personal, academic, and social abilities.
WHAT DID YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT SUMMER EXPERIENCE?
- The classes.
- My professors.
- The people were fantastic and really gave me confidence which will help me in the future.
- My floor was really fun. We were all friends with each other, and everyone always had their doors open to other people. It was a great dynamic.
- The flexibility it gave students academically and socially.
- The opportunity to meet new people from different countries and backgrounds.
- I loved my time at university and I would recommend it to any high school student.
- I enjoyed the program thoroughly.
- I had a great time at the program and I'm really glad that I was accepted and able to participate in it.
- I learned so much and I made friends that I hope to keep in touch with for years.
To have a comprehensible and trustworthy application process get in contact with Itir Aydin Higher Education Consultancy.